Hey!!! This is my very first blog post and I am so glad you’re here!! Welcome to Catch On Fire! I thought I’d use this as an opportunity to tell you a little bit about why and how this blog came to life.
For a long time I considered starting a blog to reach and support other women in some way. It just seemed so daunting. I wondered if anything I had to say was catchy enough in our current time for anyone to want to read. After all, I’m honestly a fairly simple southern girl who just really loves Jesus and her family. I have always enjoyed writing, but haven’t had much experience.
I prayed about the idea for quite some time. After waiting for a very long time, the answer I finally got was to “be the light.” Vague, yet so simple, confirming, and challenging all at the same time. This is how Catch On Fire was born.
A blog dedicated to encouraging women to really catch on fire, to be the light of the world, to live their faith more boldly, and to radiate in every aspect of their lives – as mothers, wives, sisters, friends, and daughters of the King, all by offering:
- Biblical truths and encouragement
- Resources and tips to help organize the chaos of everyday life
- Ways to make our families and homes a little more happy and healthy
Women are often the directors of the show, keeping everything and everyone on schedule, maintaining the home, and helping the ship to sail more smoothly. But the stress of it all can take a toll on our minds and our hearts.
When we slow down a bit, invest in our relationship with Jesus, and hold onto God’s truths, we can:
- Remember that we are who He says we are
- Put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, and love, bearing with one another, and forgiving each other (Colossians 3:12-14)
- Allow God’s peace to rule in our hearts (Colossians 3:15)
- Guide our children through Godly example
- Share with others what God is doing in our lives
- Truly walk in faith and go where He asks us to go
These are only some of the things that help us to be the light of the world and the vessel for God’s kingdom that He has called us to be.
As you’ll see on the About page, I truly do not have all the answers. This is a growing process for me, too. One that is pushing me to step outside of my comfort zone, to try new things, do more research, and share it all with women across the globe. My hope is to share the love of Jesus and also to encourage those who know the Greatest to dive deeper in their relationship with Him.
Are you tired of simply existing? Do you just need a little encouragement? Come along with me on this journey. Subscribe by email and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! Let’s shine brighter together!